How to connect or pair a Bluetooth device on Windows 8/10How to connect or pair a Bluetooth device on Windows 8/10
Wireless devices with Bluetooth radios must be “paired” with each other before they can communicate. This involves making them discoverable and potentially entering a PIN if needed
A. Put an Accessory or Device Into Discovery Mode
First thing is to make the device detectable by other device
The method to make this device discoverable varies on the type of accessories
Read the manual of the mouse, keyboard, headset etc on how set the device to be discoverable
If you’re using a smartphone, tablet, or computer, you can make it discoverable, too. Follow steps below
Note that you don’t need to make a device discoverable if you’ll be connecting from it. You only need to make a device discoverable if you’re connecting to it. For example, let’s say you wanted to connect a headset to your Android phone — you’d just need to make the headset discoverable, and not the Android phone.
Windows 8 & 10
- Go to the Settings
- Click on Devices
- Click the Bluetooth tab,
- Related Settings’ and click ‘More Bluetooth options’.
- This will open the Bluetooth settings window. In the very first tab ‘Options’ you will see a ‘Discovery’ section with an ‘Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC’ option. Check the option, and click the ‘Apply’ button at the bottom for it to take effect.
B. Pair the Device and Enter a PIN
You can now pair the device with your computer. If you’ve made your PC discoverable, you can select your PC in the list of available devices on your other smartphone or tablet to initiate the pairing process.The below steps will show you how to connect to a device like phone, speaker, mouse etc from your computer
Windows 8 & 10
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth.
- If your Bluetooth is switched on you will see a list of available devices to connect to
- Depending on whether it has the drivers for it or not, you may see the full name of the device or just a generic name like Mouse. Beneath its name,
- Select a device and connect to it