How to connect or pair a Bluetooth device on Windows 7How to connect or pair a Bluetooth device on Win 7
Wireless devices with Bluetooth radios must be “paired” with each other before they can communicate. This involves making them discoverable and potentially entering a PIN if needed
- Go to Control Panel
- Search for Bluetooth
- Click “Change Bluetooth settings“
- Enable the “Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC” option.
B. Pair the Device and Enter a PIN
You can now pair the device with your computer. If you’ve made your PC discoverable, you can select your PC in the list of available devices on your other smartphone or tablet to initiate the pairing process.The below steps will show you how to connect to a device like phone, speaker, mouse etc from your computer
- Click Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers
- Under Device and Printers click > “Add a device”
- Windows will look for discoverable Bluetooth devices and present them in the list. Select one and click Next to add it.
- If you don’t see your Bluetooth device here, ensure that it’s discoverable and has Bluetooth enabled.